Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ultrasounds and Blood Work!!!

The first thing I noticed on my cycle calendar was my appointments for blood work and an ultrasound. I don't know why I noticed that first...lol. So we have two ultrasounds and 2 blood panels before our transfer. 


Monday:
I was woken up to my little one very sick. He had a head cold since Saturday that just kept getting worse. As I was keeping my distance and my mom (so generously) was taking care of him for me, I felt so guilty. We wanted me to keep my distance so that I would risk getting sick. I don't want to compromise my immune system before our transfer. Later that say day I called Erik who sounded like he was dieing on the other end of the phone...oh no, he caught the cold :( Later that night after Erik went to bed, around 7:30, I was getting Landen ready for bed so my mom could go rest before taking him for the full day Tuesday. As I came down stairs he kept saying "mommy, baby is sick". Not two minutes later we had projectile vomit everywhere. Boo :( Needless to say, we spent the night on the couch with a bucket. The whole time I was taking care of him and worrying about him, I kept thinking that in just a year or so Roberto and Mauro will be doing the same thing. It brought tears to my eyes thinking about giving them this amazing opportunity to hold barf buckets and clean snot off of their baby's face....lol!!! At the time I found it to be very funny and it truly helped me make it through the night :) Luckily it was a bad food bug, not the flu!!!

Tuesday:
Ready for my appointment!!! Leaving my sick baby killed me. A mommy never wants to leave her sick baby with someone else :( But leaving him with my mom softened the blow. Dr. Boostanfar's office is in Encino about an hour and 45 minutes from my house. Somehow I made record time and got there 40 minutes early! I have no idea how that happened, but I'm not going to complain :) I have to say, I LOVE DR. BOOSTANFAR!!! He is so kind and gentle. You can tell he really loves his job. He truly puts me at ease and makes me feel so confident about our transfer. He did my ultrasound very quickly and told me that both ovaries had shut down and the lining in my uterus is thinning. That means the Lupron is working!!! Woot Woot!!! All of my blood work came back normal too. GREAT appointment! 

I was given an antibiotic because of a positive culture that was taken a few weeks before. Dr. Boostanfar assured me it was normal and everything was going to be okay. Most women have it but regular doctors and OB-GYN's don't test for it. So I have 6 days of an antibiotic along with the other meds and it will be gone!!! Still scary hearing you have a bacteria that needs to be treated. As Dr. Boostanfar finished up my appointment he interlocked his hands with mine and told me everything is going to be okay and we are going to make a baby. It calmed my nerves and really gave me confidence in him as our doctor. I am so great full that Roberto and Mauro choose Dr. Boostanfar as their/our fertility doctor. I don't know how they decided to use him and I will admit that I LOVE The Little Couple and was WAY excited when I found out he was our doctor. He is even perfect in real life, not just on TV. Good pick guys!! Your surrogate is one happy lady :) Liking your doctor is a big step in any baby making process.















Me after our ultrasound! 

So happy that everything is on schedule and we are SO close to our transfer!!! Next step of meds is right around the corner too!

 ~Rachelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment