Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Transfer

Oh boy, what a crazy week this has been. I had originally planned on writing this post while I was on bed rest but found that I was overwhelmingly tired. So judgment call, sleep is better! But today, I will share my wonderful transfer experience.


Morning of transfer, well words are hard to find. The feelings that were going on were unbelievable. Like I had said in my last post, I wasn't nervous for me, I was nervous for Roberto and Mauro. I kept wondering if they were going to stay up and wait for me to message them, or if they were nervous or what would happen if something went wrong. As I just finished getting ready to leave, my surro sister and one of best friends arrived to take me down to Encino. As we were driving down we talked about everything under the sun, related to surrogacy of course. What the feeling is going to be like when the baby comes out and I see Roberto and Mauro's faces light up at the first time seeing their new baby. Watching their family grow and the pregnancy experience in general.














When we got to Encino we had planned on getting some lunch at Johnny Rocket's. As we finished up lunch and our first lucky charm dessert, we headed to a mall to walk around and burn off some of the awesome lunch we had just stuffed our faces with :) One of the best parts of having Danielle with me, was she had already experienced everything I was about to. She comforted me and was truly a lucky charm. We loaded up with cookies (not my second dessert, lol) and headed to Huntington Reproductive Clinic.









When we got inside, on time might I add, it felt like a hundred years went by as we waited in the over heated waiting room. I don't know if I was getting warm because of nerves or what...but it was a million degrees in there. While waiting to go back to our room I was sad that Roberto and Mauro couldn't be there. I understood why they couldn't be there, but deep down I was still sad. As we made it back to our room Dr. Boostanfar came in and showed us the amazing embryos that were ready to go. We only transferred one...lol...he told us the Lucky Number 8 was the best one. 


Time to gown up...well I guess it's gown down if it is only from the waist down...right?!!? Everything happened SO fast! Dr. Boostanfar came in and put the speculum thing in, swabbed stuff and without me even knowing or feeling it happen, he said the catheter was in place (in the uterus) and ready to go! He told the nurse we were ready and she went and got the embryologist who brought Lucky Number 8 to us! At that time they injected the wonderful grade A (doesn't get any better then that) baby BOY into my uterus :) We were lucky enough to be able to take pictures and a video of everything (G rated of course)! Dr. Boostanfar ROCKS!!! And I know, I know...I didn't put my lucky rainbow socks on...not only was it really hot, like I already said, but I FORGOT, and was so sad once I figured it out...at least I had them with me though. Instead of seeing the socks, you all now get to see my semi tan, chunka chunk legs, lol!!!









Once everything was transferred he put the progesterone gel around my uterus, removed the speculum and told me to rest there for 30 minutes. EASY RIGHT!!??!! Dr. Boostanfar is such an amazing doctor who has always made me feel at ease with everything. Before he left me grabbed my hand and said good luck and everything will be ok. You know to the best of his ability as well as my own. But at me last appointment before the transfer they had told me that I was doing everything right, I was responding to the meds perfectly and that the odds of a positive transfer and great pregnancy were in my favor. That made me feel better! 














Once the 30 minute rest time was up, we left to head back to Tehachapi. Bed rest for the rest of the day and the two following. Hmmmm...I am a mom of a 3 year old...WHAT DOES BED REST MEAN? LOL!!!! Just kidding, my mom took care of my son that week for me. As we drove home, none of the days events felt real. I can't even really describe how I felt. Happy, excited, nervous, bloated....and so many more feelings rolled into one. Going through Palmdale we stopped to get my favorite cupcake as my second lucky charm dessert. Yum!!! As we were driving home I received a message from the guys, what a great surprise, I even got a picture!!!














Mauro on the left and Roberto on the right. They look so happy and excited! It warmed my heart more then words can explain :) 

As I was on bed rest the day after the transfer, I received the most beautiful flowers from them with a sweet note. Brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. Being alone for that day, it was really nice to get a gift like that. 

So bed rest went fast, thank goodness. I know not everyone believes in "signs" but the second day I was on bed rest I felt a minor cramp on my right side that lasted about 2 minutes and then my lower back was mega sore for the next couple days. I will take that as a good sign!!! 


As the days have gone by, I have been really hungry...another sign...lets hope so! Each and every day since the transfer I wake up and tell this precious baby boy to hold on tight, we can't wait to meet you and that his daddies love him very much :) It's never to late to let the baby know he is loved!


Before the transfer, and everyday after, my friends have been bugging me about taking a home pregnancy test...DID I???? You will have to wait! But on a side note, today was our first beta test! So we will see what the results are! Happy reading :)

~Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment