Saturday, February 11, 2012

Common Surrogacy Acronyms

Before I get started with my journey through my blog, I figured it would be helpful and beneficial to list some common surrogacy acronyms for you!!!


BCP - Birth Control Pills
Beta - Blood test for pregnancy hormones
BFN - Big Fat Negative (on a pregnancy test)
BFP - Big Fat Positive (on a pregnancy test)
ED - Egg Donor
xdp5dt - # of days past 5 day embryo transfer
EDD - Estimated Due Date
EP - Estrogen Pill(s)
GS - Gestational Surrogate
HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
IF - Intended Father(s)
IP - Intended Parent(s)
IVF - In Vitro Fertilization
LS - Lupron Shot
OB - Obstetrician
PS - Progesterone Suppositories (hormone the is administered through insertion into the vagina)
RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
SM - Surrogate Mother
U/S - Ultrasound


As I go through posting my blogs, I will update this list for you to make sure it is updated so that as you read through my blogs, you know what I am talking about!!! 

~Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment